This twin-boom twin-engine heavily armed monoplane appeared in the middle 1920s to fulfil the very french BCR (Bombardier-Chasse-Reconnaissance) multirole aircraft role. Well-know for their metallurgical industry, the Schneider company not surprisingly conceived their Sch.10M to be built entirely in metal; in fact, in their trademark “Alferium” aluminium. The twin-boom configuration was chosen to improve the field of view of its gunners. The result was a really “laid” design presented in society at the 1924 Paris Aero Show. Its maiden flight took place next year and due to its qualities, or lack of them, few news were known after that. Only the prototype was produced.
Impressive and pretty, in a very French interwar way.